Are you interested in joining MIX-UP? The BioTeam (http://www.biodeg.NET) is a well-known, international research group (Leader: Prof. Luc Avérous) within the ICPEES (UMR CNRS 7515), University of Strasbourg - France(One of the Top World Universities - Ranking for chemistry), focused on experimental approaches to systems based on biodegradable and/or renewable polymers for environmental and biomedical applications.
This postdoctoral position is focused on chemical synthesis (polyaddition, polycondensation,) and characterization of biobased polymer materials obtained from building blocks produced by white biotech, in the frame of a “EU/China-H2020” multi-partner project (MIX-UP)on plastics recycling.
This project will be partially developed with an international company located in Strasbourg (Soprema – Worldwide leader on insulation for building), and also member of MIX-UP consortium
- Starting date: Asap, during the first trimester of 2023
- Duration: 12 months (potentially extendable)
- Salary: 2830 € gross monthly (depending on experience), including the French social insurance
- Previous experience in topics related to the project: chemical synthesis of polymers, organic chem., biobased polymers
- Must possess a PhD degree with a good and adequate research experience
- Previous publication activity in journals with good impact factors (IF)
- Fluency in written and spoken English
Responsibilities and expected outputs:
- To conduct, develop and manage a research topic, in the frame of the BioTeam and the EU project
- Potential supervision of early stage researchers
- Publication of the results in journals with good IF
- Presentation of the results in reports and during BioTeam and EU meetings
The successful applicant is expected to be an enthusiastic and self-motivated person with strong intellect who is able to take a creative approach to scientific tasks. The applicant should have the skills necessary to be an independent researcher in their respective areas of specialization. The ability to lead and a communicative personality are strong advantages.
To apply: The application must include: (i) the candidate’s detailed CV, (ii) letters of intent, (iii) a list of publications, (iv) copies of degrees/certificates...
Contact person: Luc Avérous